Trip trap, trip trap, trip trap. Who’s that trip trapping across my blog!
Comments at the bottom please.
As we are nearing the end of of farm animals series, this week it is the turn of the goat. I chose the goat as it will soon be Chinese New Year and this year is the year of the goat according to some sources. Although some say the year of the ram. Anyway it is a horned animal. So our story this week is Three Billy Boats Gruff and it is always a good one to tell as the children always love the repetitive ‘trip trap’.
- Cut strips of white, grey, dark brown and tan felt.
- Print out the goat template onto card. Cut the horns out separately.
- You will need to cut the toilet roll down. Cut down the length of the tube. Then reduce the width of the tube until it measures 8cm. Then reduce the length to 13cm. Roll it back together and stick it together with tape.
- Glue the underside of the goat and stick to a cardboard tube.
- Decorate with strips.
- Stick on the horns.
- Cut a small piece of felt and make small snips into for the beard. Stick to the underside of the face.
The children did get far more carried away than me with the decoration and so we have six fabulous billy goats gruff to step through the story with.